Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Never Enough Lip Gloss

Hello hello!!!

If you read my previous post (click here), you will know that I'm doing a sort of "de-clutter my life" series (and repurchasing new products, obviously).

So I thought I would start with lip products, because I LOVE lip products. Pretty much I'm addicted to lip gloss. Talk to anyone that went to high school with me. At any given time you could probably find at least 5 different lip products my purse (and maybe one or two in a jacket pocket somewhere).

Recently, when this bright idea to de-clutter hit me, I chucked out all my old, expired, and gross looking products. This was before I thought that I would blog about it, so no picture of everything that got trashed, sorry. But who wants to see a pile of old and gross lip gloss anyway? However, this left me with a very limited collection.



5.... It left me with 5. I had what is left of my sugar lip treatment and two balms which you can get from Nivea (they say "Labello" because these two are actually from Germany, but it is the same thing). Actually these products are some of my faves for dry, winter lips. Go read about it here. And two very old Body Shop limited edition holiday lip glosses (from 2011? or earlier... shhh). I mostly kept these because otherwise I would pretty much have nothing. So I had 5. Very sad. But what a great excuse to go out and try some brand new things.


Over the past few weeks I've tried to restock my collection a bit. I've had my eye on some of these because everyone seems to be raving about all these great new lip products. So I had to go find out for myself. I ended up "collecting" the following:

Lise Watier Plumpissimo Le Gloss in "Opalescence" (this is a sample size that I took from my mom)
MAC Lipglass in "Oh Baby"
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in "Creme Brule"
Maybelline Color Whisper in "Rose of Attraction"
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Honey" 
Covergirl Lip perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in "215 - Watermelon Twist"
L'oreal Caresse Shine Stain in "Infinite Fuchsia" (can't actually find this on their website, maybe too new? - the link will take you to the lip color section)

As you can tell I've added quite a bit to my collection over the last little while. I didn't buy them all at once so some are a bit newer than others and I haven't had a chance to really figure out if I like them or not. Some of them I'm really liking, others I'm still testing out haha.

As you can see a lot of them are lipstick-like products, and I mentioned earlier my love for lip gloss. I am still in search of a really great everyday lip gloss so please, if you have a favourite, let me know. I am seriously lip gloss deprived.

Also if you want to know more about what I thought of any of these, let me know in the comments and I will do another post about that (once I've had a chance to test them all out).

Hope you enjoyed peeking into my lip product collection.




No comments:

Post a Comment